Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First games out...

Blood Angels, Conversion, Kit-bash, Storm Raven, Warhammer 40,000, Work In Progress

Like I said, it's been a while.

I didn't realize how long.

The first game out with my new list, I was playing against a person who has played, quite literally, three games. I can try and assuage myself by saying that he stole the imitative, but the fact of the matter is, I lost because I made stupid mistakes and played too conservatively. I weathered the first turn of fire, losing one Raven to a drop podded Sterngard squad. I hung back to use the remaining Storm Raven's firepower, and ended with the squad and dread inside being out of position when the Raven crashed. He pummeled me, with me helping him to do so. Still, the shame hung with me for a day, until I faced off against his roommate.

That game went significantly better. I ended up controlling the pace of the battle better than the last by being aggressive and shoving the Storm Ravens right in his face. I pounded his Death Company and troops, and his immobilized Land Raider was surrounded by my troops and a Blood Talon dread.

I need to test out and refine this list a bit further before I'm satisfied, but I like the way it plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment