Thursday, June 21, 2012

NOVA Open and 6th


Given a number of the rumors floating about regarding 6th edition, it seems a less vehicle friendly place than it was before, at least to those light vehicle armies that we know and love. Given that supposition*, I'm seriously considering taking The Host of Hope's Demise to the NOVA Open, my all Nurgle based Chaos Daemons army. They've always excelled against a meat-bag based army, and have struggled against a metal based one. Could my tide of rotten flesh and rancid thoughts shuffle it's way to victory? It's hard to say, but it's fun to have an extra 250 points to play with**. I'll have to see the new mission structure, and how that will affect the NOVA's scoring, but I don't think it will be too much of a sea change.

My only concern is how to deal with flyers, who seem to have significant buffs to their defensive capabilities, but I've also heard rumors that flying monstrous creatures will also receive these buffs, and I'll likely have at least two of those. Of course, we're all guessing until the 30th, so who knows?

*And the fact that I love their paint job.
**I usually play at 1750, and the NOVA is at 2k.

No comments:

Post a Comment