Friday, May 14, 2010

And, yes, I'm still undecided

I played against Keith last night with a slightly tweaked version of the BA list in the last entry. I ended up winning fairly handily.

Upon reflection, I think Keith's list was interesting, but not as strong as it needed to be in terms of an 'ard boys style competition. I'll save a full bat rep until Sunday. I also forgot to take pictures, which I'm kicking myself for, as I had my new BoLS approved flip cam with me. :)

Here is an alternate list I'm thinking of taking:

HQ
Librarian Epistolary / Null Zone / Vortex of Doom / / Force Weapon / Psychic Hood / Terminator Armor w/ SS 190
Khasaro Khan 160


Troops
Tactical Squad, 10 Power Weapon / Flamer/ Multi-Melta / Rhino / Teleport Homer/ Melta Bombs 240
Tactical Squad, 10 Power Weapon /Melta Gun / Multi-melta / Rhino / Teleport Homer / Melta Bombs 245
Tactical Squad, 10 Power Fist / Flamer / Missile Launcher /Melta Bombs 200
Tactical Squad, 10 Power Fist / Flamer / Missile Launcher / Melta Bombs 200


Elites
Assault Terminators , 7 Thunderhammer/Storm shield x 5 Lightning Claws x 2 280
Assault Terminators, 8 Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield x 5 Lightning Claws x 3 320


Fast Attack
Vanguard Veterans, 9 Sgt's Power Weapon / Power Weapon x6 / Power Fist x 3/ Melta bombs / Rhino 395


Heavy Support
Devastator Squad, 5 Missile Launcher x3 135
Devastator Squad, 5 Missile Launcher x3 135


Points Summary:
HQ: 350
Troops: 885
Elites: 600
Fast Attack: 395
Heavy Support: 270
Total: 2500

22 kill points for mission 3 and 5/10 scoring units as needed. I looked at the mission, and I really needed mobility and protection. The rhino offers a bit of that, and they'll help get my homers into place. Khan would run outflanking with the Vanguard, and will give them FC and hit and run. Hopefully, with three holy S$% units, I'll be able to split fire.

The transports are vulnerable to AT fire, that I know. I might swap out the Devs, and replace them with Vindicators to give the Rhinos mobile cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment