Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sanguinary Guard WIP

Blood Angels, Flesh Tearers, Resin Bases, Sanguinary Guard

I'm going against the traditional* paint scheme to better match my Flesh Tearer painted Dante (who was my Seth before they had a Seth model/rules). They'll have black wings and shoulder pads, and golden death masks.

I don't know if I'll use the unit, but damn do these models look pretty**. This is my second layer of red over black. The total process is Mechrite->Scab Red->Red Gore->Blood Red->Baal Red.

The base on the model is one that I cast myself, and has a pin in it to give it the appearance of flying.

Blood Angels, Flesh Tearers, Resin Bases, Sanguinary Guard

*Traditional, aka, invented by GW a few months ago.

**That's a compliment to the sculptors, not to my very much WIP paint job, mind you.

1 comment:

  1. They look awesome, lookin for a different scheme for my guard too as I'm not really sure about all that gold paint, cant wait too see how these turn out

    ReplyDelete